Friday, September 4, 2009

Captain Obvious

Don't you hate those people who point out the obvious? Maybe if they showed up to work on time, then they wouldn't make such comments. For example, the other day the a/c broke in my office. Luckily, this week the lows at night have been in the mid 60's and the mornings cool with a breeze...so everybody in the office opened up their windows and doors to the outside to prep for the dreaded afternoon heat. One co-worker came in after the fact and stated, "Is the air-conditioner broken?" I had to bite my tongue to not say, "No, we just felt like we don't get enough of the Georgia heat and I thoroughly enjoy booty sweat." So, in fact, nobody responded to her. Determined, she rephrased her question, "What is wrong with the air-conditioner, is it broken?" I think most of my co-workers felt as I did because, again, there was complete silence in the office as she was left to figure it out for herself.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

LOL. So funny. I would have responded the same way. I'm constantly ignoring my coworkers questions and act like I don't hear them. That's usually not your style though. You like to make sarcastic comments.

Trisha said...

I'm with you on that one Lauren! Hate it when people ask questions that they would've known the answers to had they just been there on time.