Monday, September 22, 2008

Ex's and Ohhhhs.

So I ran 14 miles this past weekend with Ji. We didn't stop for water or anything so we finished it in 2 hrs 9 min...big mistake! This is the "ohhhh". Both of us were nauseated and had diarrhea all day after that. I got into bed at 5pm Saturday and didn't get up until 9am Sunday. Church was great. The Sunday School lesson was on the pride cycle in Helaman. It was good. I especially liked the lesson in Relief Society from the Joseph Smith manual. I went home and studied it some more. I never really understood before how in Matthew Satan REQUESTED to be cast into the swine because at least they had BODIES. How amazing and lucky we are to have chosen God's plan to receive the blessing of physical bodies, even when our knees hurt from running and we want to vomit because we are so dehydrated. The "Ex's" part....nothing more to say than that my ex-husband called late last night. We talked for an hour and I finally feel at peace. I finally feel like I truly forgive him, and that is a TREMENDOUS weight off of my chest.

2 comments:

Joe said...

14 miles, you are amazing! Well, I guess too little water can be as bad as too much, which I know all about.

Julianne said...

We just had this lesson last Sunday (because of the hurricane). It was so good, I found a lot of thought provoking quotes.