Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sheba and Kitty

I have a new turtle named "Kitty". He, yes I said he, is an aquatic turtle so he lives in an aquarium. The girls (our 3 cats) were fascinated by him at first, but now they leave him alone. There is a joke amongst our friends that my roommate Lisa and I are crazy cat ladies, so we decided to pursue this stigma by naming our turtle "Kitty" and saying we have 3 cats and a kitty. Also, Sheba is not enjoying sharing her water dish so I caught her sucking on the faucet in my bathroom like a bottle. Silly girl. Once she had her mouth wide open I tried to let it flow but she ran away. I turn 28 this Friday and my students pointed out that the female's most fertile years are between 20-29 (they just finished their reproductive chapter)! I gasped as I realized I only have one year left of peak fertility, yikes!

3 comments:

Mom of five said...

A lot can happen in a year. :-)

Kathi said...

You're younger than you think you are, too! Just look at yourself in the mirror and you'll be able to see for yourself! You look fantastic! And your friend is right, a lot can happen in a year!

Julianne said...

Happy Belated Birthday - I don't know why I thought it was today (all day I thought that). I hope you have a great year!