Thursday, January 1, 2009

Davey Family Vacation Curse

I have had a WONDERFUL time in Australia, don't get me wrong. I am just amazed that my vacation curse continues. I have been sunburned (back, one sliver of belly where my tankini doesnt cover, thighs, and scalp -- which looks like dandruff now that it is peeling), got a fever blister (that won't seem to heal as fast as I would like it), caught a cold from my grandmother (so now my nose is peeling from blowing it so much), and have even dealt with pediculosis. Oy ve! I am ready to go home but I am going to miss my family very very much!! My new nickname from my niece Caitlin is "Dear Cutey Princess Auntie Lauren" and Kristoffer pretended he was my baby Koala yesterday after we saw them at the park. Kiersten is always making up silly songs and games that reminds me of me when I was her age! I am just really grateful for the opportunity to get to know their personalities better and hopefully they remember this visit for a long time. I know I will!

2 comments:

Allison said...

What is pediculosis? Something to do with the feet, right? Athlete's foot? Planter's warts? Toenail fungus? Please inform those of too lazy to look it up.

LeAnn said...

I can't wait to have you back so I can call you about all the stupid things that pop into my head through out the day. The Davey family curse does suck...I've actually been pretty lucky my last couple of trips.